Forty-nine members of Yale Medical Group (YMG), the clinical practice of the faculty of Yale School of Medicine, are included in New York Magazine’s list of Best Doctors for 2011, far outnumbering any other practice or hospital in Connecticut. The list is now in its 14th year, and this is the 13th consecutive year that Yale Medical Group has been featured prominently.
The YMG members, who practice at Yale-New Haven Hospital, are among 1144 physicians in 63 specialties who have been determined to be in the top echelons of physicians, providing first-rate clinical care in the Greater New York metropolitan area.
The “Best Doctors” list is chosen by a New York City research and information company, Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., which conducts a peer-review survey – medical professionals judging other medical professionals – to come up with its top-rated physicians.
The criteria include professional qualifications, reputation, skills in dealing with patients (such as listening, demonstrating empathy, and instilling trust and confidence). Nomination forms go out to 12,000 medical professionals in New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and parts of New Jersey and Connecticut.
“We are honored that so many Yale faculty physicians have been recognized by their peers for their professional excellence and commitment to patients,” said David J. Leffell, M.D., deputy dean for clinical affairs and CEO of the Yale Medical Group.
The YMG physicians and specialty areas, as listed in the magazine, are:
- William Batsford, MD, Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Henry Cabin, MD, Cardiovascular Medicine
- Robert King, MD, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Walter Longo, MD, Colorectal Surgery
- Jean Bolognia, MD, Dermatology
- Richard Edelson, MD, Dermatology
- David Leffell, MD, Dermatology
- Shirley McCarthy, MD, Diagnostic Radiology
- Jeffrey Weinreb, MD, Diagnostic Radiology
- Robert Udelsman, MD, Endocrine/General Surgery
- Silvio Inzucchi, MD, Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Margretta Seashore, MD, Genetics
- Mary Tinetti, MD, Geriatric Medicine
- Thomas Rutherford,MD, Gynecologic Oncology
- J. Grant Thomson, MD, Hand Surgery
- Peter Marks, MD, Hematology
- Vincent Quagliarello, MD, Infectious Disease
- Walter Kernan, MD, Internal Medicine
- Joshua Copel, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Charles Lockwood, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Howard Hochster, MD, Medical Oncology
- Thomas Lynch, MD, Medical Oncology
- Richard Ehrenkranz, MD, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- David Greer, MD, Neurology
- Gordon Sze, MD, Neuroradiology
- Joseph Piepmeier, MD, Neurosurgery
- Dennis Spencer, MD, Neurosurgery
- James Tsai, MD, Ophthalmology
- Michael Baumgaertner, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Clarence Sasaki, MD, Otolaryngology
- Alan Friedman, MD, Pediatric Cardiology
- William Tamborlane, MD, Pediatric Endocrinology
- Warren Andiman, MD, Pediatric Infectious Disease
- Paul McCarthy, MD, Pediatric Rheumatology
- John Persing, MD, Plastic Surgery
- Christopher van Dyck, MD, Psychiatry/Geriatric
- Carrie Redlich, MD, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
- Richard Peschel, MD, Radiation Oncology
- Kenneth Roberts, MD, Radiation Oncology
- Lynn Wilson, MD, Radiation Oncology
- Pasquale Patrizio, MD, Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- John Elefteriades, MD, Thoracic Surgery
- Sabet Hashim, MD, Thoracic Surgery
- Sukru Emre, MD, Transplantation and Immunology
- John Colberg, MD, Urology
- Harris Foster, MD, Urology
- John Aruny, MD, Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Richard Gusberg, MD, Vascular Surgery
- Bauer Sumpio, MD, Vascular Surgery
About Yale Medical Group: Yale Medical Group is one of the largest academic multispecialty group practices in the United States, with more than 800 physicians providing compassionate state-of-the-art care in 160 specialties. We have centers of excellence in such fields as cancer, cardiac care and organ transplantation. All of our physicians are full-time faculty at the Yale School of Medicine, which gives them access to the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic approaches, and the latest research and technology. Many have distinguished reputations as national and international leaders in their fields. Yale Medical Group is a major referral center for Connecticut and New England. Visit www.yalemedicalgroup.org for more information.
To learn more about Yale School of Medicine visit their web site.
And to read more about New York Magazine’s “Best Doctors” list and how physicians were chosen.
Source: OPAC Press